A router is basically a device that is used for networking purpose, and is mainly used in forwarding the packets of data to and for various computers. The data package actually contains information like for example the email that we send or even any sort of a web page.
Or else in simple words, we can define a router as being used to connect both similar and dissimilar LANs.
CHARACTERISTICS OF ROUTERS:
- Routers are multi port devices that has very high speed
- These devices support filtering like the bridges
- Routers are also self learning
- They are les prone to failure
After all, we are all human beings and we tend to forget things. Well, in that case, we might as well forget the login credentials, that is, the username and password of our router’s login.
Usually, by default, you will be able to find the default username and password of your router.
HOW TO ACCESS THE WEB-BASED SET UP PAGE OF THE ROUTER:
All of your routers have an in built web page that is specifically set up for its users in order to customize and make certain changes that a best suits your devices needs. Apart from this, there are also advanced settings and controls. But before you get the access to the web-based setup page of your router, you will have to make sure that your router device is connected to a power supply and your computer of laptop is connected to one of the ethernet ports that is available on the router.
Once this is done, you will have to follow these steps as listed below:
- Go to your most preferred web browser
- Now, enter the IP address in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Then, a new small window will appear which will ask for your router’s username and password
HOW TO FIND THE DEFAULT USERNAME AND PASSWORD OF YOUR ROUTER:
- The default username and password of your router device can be obtained from your router’s manual, during the time of purchase itself
- Usually, the default username and password for most of the router is ‘admin’ and ‘admin’
- Suppose in the worst situations, you would have lost or misplaced the manual of your router. In that case, you can check for the information on either at the back or side of your router’s device
- You could also reset your router at any point of time, in order to avoid any misuse in due course of time
- If you wish to reset your router, all you would have to do is to hold the reset button at the back of the router for quite a couple of seconds and then the router will automatically reboot to its factory settings in some time.