Http://tplinkwifi.net/redirects you to an ip address 192.168.0.1 ,default tplink login address for any router is tplinklogin.net , to access any tplink router login web page , launch a web browser and type http://tplinklogin.net in address bar of your browser , alogin screen will appear use username as admin and password as admin ,alternatively to access any tplink router login web page ,you can use direct default ip address 192.168.0.1 or http://tplinkwifi.net .Default web address for tplink router login is tplinkwifi.net with subnet mask 255.255.255.0
TP-LINK ROUTER SET UP :
- Step 1 : Connect antennas to your tplink base router , disconnect the existing router if any ,connect power cable to your tplink router and then press power button .
- Step 2 : Connect ethernet cable straight from tplink router to your cable / dsl modem , restart your modem ,wait for the lights to turn solid green/white on it.
- Step 3 : Connect a cable from lan slot of tp-link router to your cable modem or open wireless console management page on your computer , connect your computer wirelessly with tp-link router ssid and network passphrase , ssid and network key can be retrieved from network wireless card provided with router or from router label itself .
- Step 4 :Open a web browser and type http://tplinklogin.net or if default address fails to open try ip address 192.168.0.1 ,in address bar of your browser , a login screen will appear ,use username and password as admin , all in lower case .
- Step 5 :smart setup screen will appear , create a new admin password for tp-link router login and then click next , select your time zone ,click on next option , select your internet connection type i.edhcp, static ,pppoe as per your internet service provider , in case of static ip address you need to input ip address ,default ip address , dns server address as provided to you by your internet service provider ,in case of pppoe connection ,type username and password as provided to you by your internet service provider .
- Step 6: Select mac clone or do not mac clone as per your internet service provider , mac cloning is mainly required in case of cable connections .
- Step 7:Enter your wireless ssid and network name password , you can customize the settings or you can leave network name and password same as mentioned on router label.
- Step 8: Click next to finish set up process ,click on advanced option >>system settings >>firmware upgrade option ,after initial setup ,once you have active internet connection ,its recommended to upgrade tp-link router firmware to latest to fix security vulnerability issue ,if any and to fix any other router bugs if there ane any in previous version