TP LINK ROUTER
To fully utilize your smart devices like your smartphone, laptop and TV, you need a high-speed internet connection. In today’s world, the Internet is as important as food and water. In order to keep enjoying high-speed internet, you will need a router, and what better than a TP-Link router to ensure a stable, safe and private source of internet connection. If you are looking for a good-quality router for your home or your office, then you must check out a wide range of TP-Link routers online.
You will find routers that deliver different kinds of Mbps speeds depending on the number of antennas. TP-Link is a Chinese brand that was started in the year, 1996. This brand specializes in several computer networking devices and products like IP cameras, print servers, powerline adapters, ADSL, range extenders, switches and many other products.
HOW TO FIND YOUR TP LINK ROUTER’S IP ADDRESS:
There might be some instances when you would fail to get through the link to manage the TP Link router, and hence you would access this IP address of the router directly. The default address of this TP Link’s router is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Please follow the steps as given below in order to find your router’s IP address on your operating system:
- Go to ‘Start’ and click on the ‘Control Panel’
- You will see the option ‘Category’ on the top right corner of the window screen. Click on that
- Now select the option ‘View network status and task’ under the category of ‘Network and Internet’
- Then, in the subsequent box, click on the network connections
- Now click on Details in the network status window
- After this is done, you will be able to find your router’s IP address, that will be displayed as IP v4 Default Gateway
TP LINK ROUTER SET UP:
Once you have bought a new TP Link router, then the configuration of this particular router and setting up is very easy. However, you must remember that the router device must be connected to an active modem or data jack beforehand itself. Please follow these steps in order to set up the new TP Link router at your work place:
- Switch on the router (make sure there is sufficient power supply). Connect your computer or laptop to the router via an ethernet cable
- Once this is done, open your most preferred web browser and enter this IP address 192.168.0.1 in the address bar
- Set up the login credentials, that is- your username and password- by entering it two times. Then click on ‘Let’s get started/login’
- Using the Quick set up option, begin configuring your internet and also the wireless network
- Enter the SSID of your wireless network and set up a password
- Once this entire process is finished, you will be able to join the wireless connection with the SSID using your password
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FORGET THE LOGIN PASSWORD FOR TP LINK WIRELESS ROUTER?
The default login credentials for this TP Link router is ‘admin’ for both the username and password. If you happen to change the username and password anytime in between, then there is no way to retrace it or find it, in case you had forgotten it. All you have got to do is to reset it to the factory default settings and thus, reconfigure it all over again.
For doing this factory reset, you just have to long press and hold the reset button that you will be able to find at the back part of your router, for an approximate of 10 seconds, when the device is currently in use itself.
But usually, there are three ways to change the password for a TP Link wireless router:
- By using a wireless ADSL modem
- By using a wireless G&N router
- By using a wireless AC router
HOW TO RESET THE ADMIN PASSWORD OF YOUR TP LINK ROUTER:
- Firstly, open your most preferred web browser and type in this IP address of your TP Link router in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’
- Enter the username and password in the login page
- Then, click on Management > Access Control > Password, which you will be able to find it on the left-hand side of the page. Now, you will have to type in the old password and also the new password
- Finally, click on Save or Apply changes, that will eventually save your settings