Linksys router offers a fast speed and reliable range of speed, so that you will be able to create a decent wireless home network. This router can be connected to computer, wireless printers and any other such WiFi devices, operating at a nominal speed.
HOW TO LOGIN TO A LINKSYS ROUTER AND ACCESS THE SETUP PAGE:
The Linksys router web interface will actually be the control panel for your router, wherein all of the settings are saved and modified as well. If you wish to change certain settings of this Linksys router, you will first have to login to your Linksys router.
Below are the steps to perform the same:
In order to login to the Linksys router, you will need to first have the following requirements:
- Linksys router
- Internet access (either LAN or the WiFi)
- Your preferred web browser
- Any device that will connect to the router (for example – computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, etc.)
1. CONNECT TO THE NETWORK
First of all, you could use any device that you are currently working upon, in order to connect to your Linksys network. In case you are not aware of the Linksys router’s default password, you could always connect it using an Ethernet cable. To navigate to the settings page, you must ensure that you are connected to a stable network.
2. NAVIGATE TO THE ROUTER IP ADDRESS
Go to any of your preferred web browser – say for instance, Google Chrome, Safari, or even the Internet Explorer – and then type in the default IP address of your Linksys’s router. The most common Linksys IP address are as follows:
3. ENTER THE LINKSYS ROUTER CREDENTIALS
Upon logging in to the IP address, you will have to enter the Linksys router default login credentials that will ultimately take you to the admin page. In case, you are not sure about the login credentials, you can anytime check it at the bottom or on the side of your Linksys router. Upon logging in, you will be presented with the admin or the settings page of your Linksys router.
HOW TO CONFIGURE YOUR LINKSYS ROUTER?
Once you have logged into your Linksys admin panel or the admin interface, you will be enabled with the access of making any changes to the settings page that are available.
WHAT IF MY LINKSYS ROUTER OR THE NETWORK STOPS WORKING AFTER A CONFIGURATION CHANGE?
There may be some times, when your connection to the Linksys network may break due to some unfortunate situations. In cases like these, the simplest way is to go back to zero by following the 30 30 30 hard reset tricks.
REASONS TO ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES IN ACCESSING THE ROUTER’S WEB-BASED SETUP PAGE:
Difficulties in accessing the router’s web-based setup page can be due to the following reasons:
- Improper cable connections
- The router is not giving a valid IP address
- Incorrect router IP address entered in the Address bar
- Browser issue
- The router is defective
UPGRADING YOUR ROUTER’S FRAMEWORK:
- If you are not able to access the router’s web-based setup page, you can check upon upgrading the router’s firmware using the TFTP utility. For doing this, you could refer to the open internet sources as well.
- You could also try upgrading the firmware of your router using the Management Mode of the web-based setup page.
- If you find that your current firmware version and the already existing version on the Linksys Support Site for your particular router are the same, then you could continue with the process of upgrading. This is referred to as a firmware re-flash. This process of firmware re-flashing will also help in correcting the script of your current router’s firmware.