D LINK ROUTER SETUP:
D-Link Router can be configured and setup in just a couple of minutes and once you have configured the router and set it up at your place, your Wi-Fi connection will get set up and you will be able to connect to the local internet through your D-Link Router.
Before you begin, you will have to make sure that the ethernet cable is connected to the modem or connected to the ethernet port at back of your router.
In order to set up your D-Link router, please follow these steps as listed below:
- Switch on your D-Link router
- Connect your device (computer, laptop, tablet, etc.) to the router using an Ethernet cable or WiFi
- Once you have connected your device to the WiFi, go to your web browser and enter in the IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
- You will get a login page. Enter the login credentials of this router.
- You will now be able to configure and set up your router using the Internet Connection Setup wizard tab
- Beneath this option, you will have to enter the SSID, which is the name of your WiFi network, and key, which is the password
- Under the WAN setup page, you will have to click on the option – DHCP/PPPoE/Static
- Then, click on the option Save and Connect. Your router will now get connected to the internet
DEFAULT LOGINS FOR D-LINK:
Some of the default login credentials for D-Link routers are as follows:
D-LINK LOGIN STEPS:
The below steps will assist you with logging in to your D-Link router:
1. CONNECT TO YOUR D-LINK ROUTER
First of all, you will have to do is to check if you are connected to a stable network. So, for doing this, connect to the D-Link network either through an ethernet cable or a wireless Wi-Fi connection.
Suppose, in case you are not sure of your Wi-Fi password, it is always better to connect to the network using an ethernet cable. This will set up the direct network connection and does not require entering a password.
2. NAVIGATE TO THE ROUTER’S IP ADDRESS
Open your most preferred web browser and enter the IP address. Some of the most common IP address are as follows:
3. ENTER THE LOGIN CREDENTIALS
Once you are connected to the router, you will be automatically be redirected to the router login page (Mydlink login page). Enter the default username admin. Similarly, for the default password of this router, enter it and you will be taken to the router’s admin settings page.
After you have successfully logged in to the D-Link admin panel, you will be able to change the settings for your router model.
SOME OF THE MODELS USING D-LINK
- COVR-2200A1 – 192.168.0.1
- COVR-2200 rev A1 – 192.168.0.1
- COVR-2600R – 192.168.0.1
- DAP-1350A1 – / admin 192.168.0.50
- DGL-4300 rev A1 – 192.168.0.1
HOW TO SET UP AND INSTALL YOUR ROUTER?
Remove the power to your cable or the DSL internet modem
Now, connect an ethernet cable from your computer to a LAN port on to the DIR-810L
Now, connect your cable or the DSL modem to the internet port on the DIR-810L
Now, connect again the power to your cable or the DSL broadband modem and please wait for some time
Now, it is time to switch on both of the DIR-810L as well as your internet cable or the DSL modem
Now, go to your preferred web browser and enter in the IP address of this D-Link router in the address bar.