HOW DO YOU SET UP AN ASUS ROUTER:
Please follow the required steps in order to set up an Asus router-
1. CONNECT TO A MODEM BY CABLE/WETHERNET
- First of all, you will have to connect your router to a modem, so that there is a local network along with a network connection. For this, you will have to:
- Get an ethernet cable
- Connect one end of the cable into the WAN port of your router (which you will be able to see it at the back of the port)
- Then, take the other end of the cable and plug it into the LAN port of your modem
2. CONNECT TO THE POWER SUPPLY
- Locate the power cable and plug into the power source. Then, taking the other end of the cable, connect it to the router’s power input, that is located at the back of the router. Now, your router will get turned on.
3. LOG INTO THE ASUS ROUTER
- Go to your preferred and most used web browser and type in this IP address in the address bar: 192.168.1.1
- Then, enter the respective username and password as the login credentials in the boxes provided
- You will now be able to get the access to the router configuration page
4. CHANGE THE ROUTER LOGIN CREDENTIALS
- Once you have successfully logged in to the router’s settings page, click on the ‘Administration’ under the ‘Advanced Settings’ page.
- Click on the Settings option in order to change the router login credentials
- Now, enter in the new username and password for the router. Confirm these once again by entering it in the respective fields.
- Now, click on Apply to finally save the current settings
5. CHANGE THE SSID
- When you finally login to the router’s page using the new login credentials, you will be able to view the Wi-Fi network details to your right hand side of the screen
- Now, under the Wireless name (SSID), here you can enter the new name of your wireless network
- Now, select the 5GHz tab button to enter the wireless name for your 5GHz network.
- Then, select Apply in order to save the changes
6. SELECTING A UNIQUE PASSWORD TO YOUR ROUTER
7. CHANGE YOUR WIFI PASSWORD
8. DECIDING TO UPDATE
- There are timely updates for the router to add new security features and other such enhancements like software performance upgrades. So, upgrading it from time to time is the most recommended practice of maintaining the best security and also the safe protection of your router.
DEFAULT USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS FOR ASUS ROUTERS
Some of the most commonly used combinations and the default user name and password login credentials for the Asus router are as given in the table:
REQUIREMENTS TO ACCESS THE ASUS WEB INTERFACE:
For accessing the web interface of ASUS, all you need is:
- ASUS router
- Access to the internet network
- Obviously, a web browser of your preferred choice
WHAT TO DO IN CASE YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO LOGIN TO YOUR ASUS ROUTER:
- Well, there are certain times, wherein you will be confronted with the issue of not being able to login to your ASUS router page.
- In these unfortunate cases, all you got to reset the router back to the default version an then reset the password again. This is known as resetting the router back to the factory settings.
- For doing this, you got to press and hold on to this reset button, that you will find at the back of the router, for about 5 to 10 seconds, until the LED lights begins to flash.