This IP address 192.168 L 254 254 is one of the globe IP addresses, meaning that it is most preferably used by the home admin login. Router brands such as the Huawei, Asus, TP Link, Tenda are using this IP address only. Using this router, you can manage and control the interface or the admin panel, as per your preference.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ONCE YOU ARE LOGGED INTO THIS IP ADDRESS?
Once you are successfully logged in to this router’s IP address, you could the following activities:• Change the SSID and password of the router
- Change the username and password login credentials of this router
- Change the DNS to some other private IP address
- Ease or make the security more stronger
- Set the parental restrictions, etc.
To login to this IP address, you will first have to know the router’s IP address, in order to find its admin panel.
FIND THE ROUTER IP ADDRESS
Go to your router and find a sticker that you would be able to find either at the bottom or on the side of the router. It could also be written on the box as 192.168 L 254 254. Ln case you do not find it anywhere, you could always find the private IP address assigned to your device by following the steps as given below:
- Open the command prompt from the start menu
- enter ipconfig
- search for the local area connection from the list given
- Then, in this section, you could find the IP as seen as the default gateway
CONFIRMING MY ROUTER IP ADDRESS AND CONNECTIVITY
First of all, make sure that operating system with which you are working on, for examples – windows, macos, liunx, etc. – is connected to the same network as that of the router. Then, go to your commonly used browser. Now, in the address bar, type in this IP address. A login will appear in front of you. Now, enter the username and password of your router’s login credentials.
once you have successfully entered your login credentials and the router will be navigated to the admin page, wherein you will be able to make or modify the necessary changes, as per your choice and preference.
RESET AND TROUBLESHOOT YOUR ROUTER
Suppose if you are facing certain issues logging in to your router with this IP address, then you could perform the following troubleshooting steps:
- First of all, please make sure and check for twice if your router if properly connected to the desktop of any of the devices that you connect it to
- Make sure you have entered the IP address rightly. There might be some cases, wherein you would have misspelled or would have entered the wrong numbers or missed out on the forward slashes.
- Suppose after entering the IP address, you get landed on to an error page, then you will have to check using the ipconfig command to see if the address is correct or not
- In case the login credentials are not properly working, then you would have to do a manual or a factory reset in order to change the password back to the default value and settings. Here, this means you would have to hold on to the reset button that is at the back of the router for some time, until it gets reset to the factory default settings.
- Suppose the browser does not still open the admin interface of this IP address, you could try using a different web browser or else you could try deleting the cache and cookies of your current browser’s history. This will solve the problem.