192.168.l.2 is one among the most commonly used IP addresses that many of the routers and modems set this IP address as their default gateway address. 192.168.1.2 – using this IP address, all of the users can easily get the access to the settings console or the admin panel, and ultimately configure your networks as per your settings requirements.
HOW TO FIND THE ROUTER IP ADDRESS?
If you are not able to access your router’s admin console that will be available directly at the 192.168.l.2 IP address, then it most probably be that your network is using any of the other address, like 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.1.
HOW TO LOGIN USING 192.168.l.2 IP ADDRESS?
Below are the steps to login in to the 192.168.1.2 IP address:
- In order to configure your router device or else change or modify the settings. You would also need to define or change the password.
- You will have to type in this IP address 192.168.l.2 in the address bar of your web browser.
- In case you are confronting an error, then it is confirmed that this IP Address of 192.168.l.2 is not your router’s IP address. You will have to recheck it once again.
- Supposing you would have forgotten your username and password. Well in that case, you could just try to recover them. the steps in order to recover them is followed in the next section. However, it is highly recommended to change your default username and password, that would come along with the router at the time of purchase.
- The first thing is to open your most commonly used web browser and type in this IP address http://192.168.l.2 or type 192.168.l.2 in the browser’s URL bar.
- Once the page gets opened up, you will automatically be directed to the user’s login page. Now, you got to type in the router’s username and password.
- Once you have typed in the router’s login credentials, you will then be logged in to the router’s admin control panel.
Forgot IP Address Username and Password?
To err is to human. There are certain times wherein we tend to forget the login credentials; or chances are such that the default login credentials are not working. Alternately you can as well do the following:
- Take a closer look at the box in which the router came. Most of boxes have the default username and passwords stuck printed, that says about the other details too like the username, password, and IP address on the box.
- If you had already changed your password and now you are now unfortunately not able to recollect it, then you will have to reset the router back to the factory settings. In order to do that, you will have to long press, for an approximate of 5 to 10 seconds, a small hidden reset button that you will be able to find at the back of your router device. You could do this with the help of a thin and sharp object such as a needle or toothpick.
SOME OF THE DEFAULT USERNAME AND PASSWORDS List