192.168.8.1 is one among the most common and popular IP addresses that many of the router companies and also the home broadbands. This IP address is used in the Local Area Network (LAN). Using this IP address, you could have direct access to the admin console of your router and make certain changes that you wish to do.
Some of the brands that make use of this IP address are listed below:
- IGNITION Design Labs
If in case you have any of the above router brands, then you could simply type in this IP address and get access to the admin interface of your router and change the settings.
USE OF 192.168.8.1 IP ADDRESS:
This IP address is registered by the IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority). This IP address is made use of only for private purposes. That is, it is used by LANs only for within a limited space. By gaining access to the admin console, you will be able to make changes to certain private settings like the DHCP, network settings, local IP address and a few of the other settings too.
FEATURES / CHARACTERISTICS OF THIS IP ADDRESS:
- Altering the password and username
- Guest WiFi mode
- WPS configuration
- Setting up firewall and security setting
- Controlling QoS and network settings
- Unblocking and blocking of end-device
HOW TO FIND YOUR ROUTER’S IP ADDRESS:
Finding the IP address of your router is a very simple task and does not take much of your time. Suppose you face an error when you type in this IP address in your web browser, all that you would have to do is to run a very simple command in your device. This will automatically give you a result.
THINGS THAT CAN BE DINE WITH THIS IP ADDRESS:
- Changing the username and password
- Upgrading device firmware
- Firewall handling
- Proxy and VPN settings
- Managing network settings
HOW TO ACCESS THE ADMIN CONSOLE AT 192.168.8.1
There are certain essential conditions that require to be sorted out when you got to login to this IP address. The first and foremost is that, you got to be near or somewhere closer to your router.
Also, make sure that you are connected to the same network, as this is a private IP address and not a public one.
The next thing is that your system should support HTML 5 in its browser.
Now, you can login to find your router’s IP address. Please follow the steps as given below:
- Firstly, connect your router to your computer or laptop. Then, type in this IP address of this particular router in the URL of your web browser.
- Enter the username and password of your account that you require to login.
- Click on ‘Submit’ option, and then you will get the access to the admin page.
WHAT IF YOU FORGET YOUR LOGIN CREDENTIALS?
In case you tend to forget your username and password of your router, then you could follow this space for additional steps on this:
- You could in one way find the router’s label for the required information-that is, the serial number as well as login address.
- Or else, you could find for the reset button that will be present at the back of your router
- There might also be chances that you would have never changed the username and password of your router that was default from the start. Well, in that case, you could search for the default username and password directly from the internet itself.
- You could also reset the router using the web-based setup page.
As a matter of wrapping up, this 192.168.8.l IP address can be used to access the admin console of your router and easily and seamlessly manage and handle all your default settings like username, network settings, and so on. This article also throws some light on the login steps, what to do if in case you forget your login credentials, and also its features and characteristics. Last, but not the least. Logging in to this IP address is not so difficult, But understanding the concept and working of this particular IP address is quite a lengthy process.