This IP address 10.0.0.1 is one of the most common private IP addresses that has a good purpose. This IP address is most commonly used by the home broadband routers as their default IP address. One plus point about this IP address is that working with this IP address, you can very easily get the access to the router’s admin panel and hence, edit many things like LAN, DNS, Proxy and why not, even the WiFi itself.
HOW DO YOU ENTER THIS IP ADDRESS?
The first and foremost thing that you must remember is that this 10.0.0.1 IP address requires that both the router and the device that you are using must be connected to the same local network.
While making connections to your router, make sure that you use an ethernet just for some security purposes.
Below are the steps that are required for logging in to this router’s IP address:
- Once you have been connected to your router, all that you would have to do is to enter this IP address in your web browser’s address bar
- After this, you will be asked for the login credentials, that is, your username and password.
- Next, enter your correct admin login name and admin password
- Next, you will be able to get the access to your router’s web interface
WHAT HAS TO BE DONE IN CASE YOU FORGET YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD CREDENTIALS?
Well, there are many instances, wherein you would tend to forget your login credentials. So, in that case, all that you got to do is to look out for the back side of the router. You could simply enter these credentials for your username and password and you could easily get through.
Some of the companies that make use of this router’s IP address is as follows:
- Nexxt Solutions
- Western Digital
RESETTING THE PASSWORD FOR 10.0.0.1:
- Suppose that you have forgotten your password for the login credentials to this router. All that you would have to do is to find the reset button at the back of the router. Sometimes, this can also be found out from the side panel of the router box itself.
- Just press and hold on to the button for an approximate time of about 10 to 20 seconds and then the modem will automatically get reset to the default factory settings. But please note that once you reset your modem, you will initially lose the internet connectivity online.
- Suppose you do not have much of the required knowledge and expertise in this area, it is therefore highly recommended that you take help and advice form an expert or any industrial person.
DEFAULT USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR 10.0.0.1 IP ADDRESS:
Some of the default IP address for this router is as shown in the tabular column below:
This 10.0.0.1 IP address is made use of by many of the broadband routers that would make them identify themselves to other devices on the same network. One of the biggest advantages of this IP address is that, this IP address is not a private one, which means it is a public one, and so, any one or multiple routers can share this in common, without any issues as such. There are many online vendors that would provide their customers with no or low cost technical guidance on line itself. Overall, this IP address gives you a lot of freedom to play with the computer’s