192.168.0.1 IP address is one of the default gateways that is made use of by the modems and routers of the market today, as the mandatory address for logging in to the admin panel. Using this 192.168.0.1 IP address, you will be able to regulate the basic as well as the advanced settings of this gateway. Setting up this IP address is quite a difficult task, and that, you will have to need an expert to assist you in this.
By logging in to this IP address, there are quite a lot of things that you could do using this IP address. Some of the advantages of getting logged in to this IP address is that: you will be able to change the settings, you could extend the WIFI range, and so on.
FEATURES OF IP ADDRESS :
Some of the features of this IP address are as follows:
- Using this IP address, you can be able to identify any type of device on any private network for that matter
- This IP address can make communication possible, even if there is no reachable access to the internet
When a user enter the ip address 192.168.0.1 he or she would have right to change the settings with full authorization. After entering the address users can make adjustments and modify the inputs to set new ones. Router software guides the users in this case. The router software allows you to modify Network Managing, DNS, Security Options, ip Qos, LAN, WLAN, WAN, Proxy Settings, DHCP Client, MAC, DSL, ADSL and WPS, and prevention settings can be done.
LOGIN STEPS TO GO TO 192.168.0.1 :
If you wish to login and use the IP address 192.168.o.1, you will have to first follow these steps as
listed below :
- In the first place, please ensure that you device is connected to the internet, either with the help of an ethernet cable or even it could be a wireless connection
- Next, open the web browser with which you take the access to the internet
- Now, type in this http://192.168.0.1 IP address in your address bar
- You will then be able to see the login page
- Then, enter the credentials for logging into this IP address
- Once this is done, you will then be redirected to the configuration page, wherein you will be able to make changes to your page
RESETTING THE ROUTER :
Every router will be having a button, called as the Reset or the Restart or Reboot button. But, accidental use of this button could initiate a factory reset of your entire modem. Instead, all that simple you could do is to just unplug the router and modem from the main supply. Keep them aside for some while and then plug them back together. This will solve the issue.
In the other case, supposing that you would have forgotten your username and password, worry not. All you have to do is to reset the router to the default settings. Very simple as it sounds. In order to reset your router, please follow the steps as mentioned below:
- At the back of your router, there will be a small reset button that is visible.
- Using any sharp or a pointed object or tool, long press this button for an approximate time
of 10-15 seconds
CHANGING THE NAME OF THE WIFI NETWORK
While the entire settings of your router changed, you can start exploring further with your router’s admin console. The login credentials can be anything that you wish to keep as, as far as you could remember it anytime, but it should be quite logical and not very offensive obviously:
- Go to the setup menu or some similar sounding option
- Click on the wireless settings option.
- Type in your desired network name into the SSID field
- Save the changes.
Whilst modifying the name of your Wi-Fi network, you can also set a new password to it. The password option will be shown in the same menu page as that of the username and WIFI network name
SETTING UP THE PARENTAL CONTROLS:
All devices need to have this Parental Control, when it comes to the safety of their kids against censored and inappropriate contents and videos. Parental Controls comes in two different types. They are, namely- filtering parental control, and monitoring parental control. From the names of these controls itself, you could be able to guess the meaning of the individual parental controls. For instance, the filtering parental control means that you could filter and restrict the contents that you children should watch, whereas the monitoring parental control means that you could actually keep track and monitor all the activities that you children does when online.
HOW TO RESOLVE THE ERRORS IN 192.168.0.1 IP ADDRESS
- When you connect your computer to the router using an Ethernet cable, make sure you do not use the port which is labelled as WAN, since, it is the uplink to the internet connection. In that case, it has to be rather connected to the modem.
- Internet connection is the other major factor that has to be taken into your consideration. Check whether your internet connection is active. Though you do not require network connection to access the admin interface of the router, the device may not work without an internet connection. At times, the soft reset of the router involves reestablishing the internet connection.
- Trying a different web browser can also help you getting connected to the admin interface of the router. This is just an alternate option you can try when any particular web browser averts you to login to the admin panel of the router through the 192.168.0.1 IP address.
Broadly speaking, 192.168.o.1. is not a valid IP address that anyone would have come across. This is actually more accurately said as 192.168.0.1, which makes it a private IP address. This IP address is usually used by many of the devices in order to recognize themselves. By using this IP address, you can access the web interface and change the settings as per your preferences. Sometimes, this IP address are not accessible from the general internet. This would actually make them more secured, as when they are compared with the general IP addresses.